Front Panel Features
Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
Use this push button to turn on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Microtubes Engine. The makeup gain is adjusted automatically. Compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite for each mode separately (Clean, B3K, and VMT).
This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Microtubes Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft warm overdrive to a massive modern distortion sound.
This knob controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound, especially handy if already running bright clean EQ setting or cabinets with tweeters.
Use this knob to control Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the DIstortion signal (Microtubes Engine).
This push-button switch selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K® mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
+-12dB at 80Hz. Use this slider to change the low-end content of the signal.
+-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5k and 3kHz. These sliders control the mid content of the signal.
+-12dB at 5kHz. Use this slider to change the high content of the signal.
Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
· No user-serviceable parts inside the amplifier. Do not open the amp.
· Never use the amp at a high moisture environment or near liquids.
· The Microtubes 500 can deliver more than 115 dB of power. Exposure to this level of sound can damage your hearing. Use proper hearing protection if you will be exposed.
· The Microtubes 500 can deliver more than 500 Watts. Be sure that your speaker cabinet is able to deliver that power.
· Do not cover the vent holes. The Fan and vent holes are part of the cooling system of the amp. Covering the vent holes can damage the power amp by overheating it.
· Don’t use an instrument cable as speaker cable. An instrument cable is not designed to deliver the type of power signals sent from the amplifier to the speaker.